qsos evaluation of "kolab"

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Fri Feb 8 11:01:29 CET 2008

Op Thursday 07 February 2008 19:00:37 schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> I just found this:
> http://www.qsos.org/sheets/groupware/kolab/
>
> Hmm, I disgree on some of their results.
> E.g. IMAP you could consider a remote API...

You could, but it is not recognized as such (I think).  E.g. SOAP is
evaluated, and this is indeed recognized as  remote API.  The report does not
stated, for which purpose this remote API should be used.  Is it to populate
and to retrieve data from the server?  Wouldn't you call ldap in that case
the remote API?  However, I can imagine that people are more familair with
soap syntax than the ldap syntax.  So, yes I can imagine that people expect
an SOAP interface to be part of kolab.  Would that be hard to add?  There is
already an http server running, so that's not the problem.  Now the
problematic part is the conversion from and to the SOAP structure to the ldap
structure.  That would be a nice GSoC subject ;)

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,