[Kolab-devel] Multiple Kolab's php eat all the RAM

Diego M. Vadell dvadell at linuxclusters.com.ar
Sat Dec 27 00:13:51 CET 2008

On Wednesday 24 December 2008 04:55:09 Alain Spineux wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Diego M. Vadell
>
> <dvadell at linuxclusters.com.ar> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >   I think I found it: when I send an email to 30 people inside the server
> > (locals to the server) I get a lot of kolabmailfilter processess. Is it
> > the intended way of doing things?
>
> Unfortunately yes !
> When you send to multiple recipients, one message is "cloned" by recipients
> ! This could be avoided by some more coding.
> This would reduce the CPU load and could reduce the space in the imap
> storage regarding
> the "singleinstancestore" in imapd.conf if handled
> appropriately.(divided by 3 with my own experience)
>

> Regards.

Hi,

  I mitigated (or solved?) the issue by editing master.cf.template and
changing this line:

kolabmailboxfilter     unix  -       n       n       -      -        pipe
user=kolab-n null_sender= argv=/kolab/bin/php

to:

kolabmailboxfilter     unix  -       n       n       -       2       pipe
user=kolab-n null_sender= argv=/kolab/bin/php

Given that amavisd gets only 2 emails at a time, I thought 2 was a good place
to start.

Thanks,
 -- Diego