Beta-1 available on EC2 (was: Re: Kolab Server 2.2.1 Beta 1)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Sun Dec 14 19:35:08 CET 2008

Quoting Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

> Hi!
>
> I just uploaded Kolab Server 2.2.1-beta1 which contains a new
> version of the web client (Horde), restructured packages and many
> important fixes to the last release. Please make sure to follow
> the upgrade instructions in 1st.README, because there have been
> some changes in the LDAP schema.
>
> |  This is a beta release and therefore not yet recommended
> |  to be used in production environments!

Anyone who wants to do a quick test of the new beta without doing any
harm to existing systems can simply run a test machine on Amazons EC2
cloud:

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_on_Amazons_EC2

The image (AMI) is called "ami-4748ac2e".

The only difference to the older versions: You need to run a "chmod
777 /tmp" after bootstrapping the server to get the Kolab web client
to work. I know why this changed but I still need to check if I can
fix it.

Cheers,

Gunnar