Kolab Server 2.2.1 Beta 1

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Sun Dec 14 16:04:46 CET 2008

Am 12.12.08 20:18 schrieb(en) Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> I just uploaded Kolab Server 2.2.1-beta1 which contains a new
> version of the web client (Horde), restructured packages and many
> important fixes to the last release.

Cool - I look forward to try it (and hopefully it resolves all the
issues I have with 2.2.0 ;-)

------quoted attachment "1st.README"-----
[snip]
> 6. Before starting the LDAP server the database must be restored from
> the ldif (with Horde preferences filtered out, since these are now
> stored in files):

Is there a tool to migrate the Horde prefs from LDAP to the files?  I
really dislike the idea to do that manually for ~35 users (in
particular I convinced them to use Horde to manage their mail filters,
and they are probably going to *kill* me if I tell them they have to do
the same work again).  Is there any documentation around about the file
structure of the new prefs, and where/how they are stored?  I would be
willing to contribute such a tool if it doesn't exist yet.

This is also related to extension I reported in issue #3035, btw, which
seems not to be part of this release.  Do you think it will be part of
2.2.1 final?  Otherwise, I will of course try to upgrade the patch
myself.

------quoted attachment "release-notes.txt"------
If I may "nag" about a missing patch in the release notes - Horde's
#3050 (and the apparently related #3236) are still open, and they are
*blockers* for me, though easy to fix IMHO...

Thanks a lot to everyone involved for providing this nice software
package!

Cheers, Albrecht.