Kolab-users Digest, Vol 57, Issue 37

Florian Oszwald oszwald at web.de
Mon Dec 1 08:52:14 CET 2008

Am Samstag 29 November 2008 23:03:58 schrieb kolab-users-request at kolab.org:
> Quoting Florian Oszwald <oszwald at web.de>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I now have horde installed working together with kolab on opensuse 10.2.
> >
> > The problem is, that i get the message DB Error: not found everytime I
> > log in on a new day or making a new entry in the calendar or in notes.
> >
> > In /var/log/horde/horde.log I do not get any useful information about
> > this problem. On the internet I found, that it might be related to the
> > SQL, but I am using it together with Kolab, so there is no need for sql,
> > is there?
>
> Correct. In general there is no need for a database. If Horde gives
> you this error the configuration provided by the package maintainers
> is broken and you should submit a bug concerning the package.
>
> For newer Horde/Kolab installations you need a database if you want to
> use SyncML. But it should be sufficient if this is based on sqlite and
> I see it as a package maintainers task to provide a correctly
> preconfigured database in that case.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,
thank you very much for your email.
Would it be possible to somehow narrow it a little bit more down, so I can
file the bug more exactly and help the package maintainer more precisely?

Installing Kolab/horde with openpgk will not work for me due to limited
bandwith and traffic.

Maybe you can point me to something where to look at, and I will try it out.

Regards,
Florian