Kolab2.2 intergrated with Samba

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Tue Aug 26 08:50:27 CEST 2008

Am 25.08.2008 22:23:26 schrieb(en) Nazeer:
> I don't need to import samba Openldap database.

??What do you mean by that?

> Can i install Ubuntu, Install Samba(with apt-get install samba),
> compile Kolab2.2, extract LAM to kolab apache dir, and then add kolab
> module.

Then you can's simply 'apt-get install ldap-account-manager', as this
will also install apache.  But installing LAM from source might
actually work.  It's way simpler to install the packages on a different
box, though.  Installing the Samba deb's on the Kolab box should be
possible.

> Then use LAM web interface to create users?

No idea if lam will add *everything* a kolab account needs.  Why don't
you want to patch kolab so it creates the extra samba data, and then
use the kolab interface?  The LAM interface is great to work with the
*extra* features (like posix groups etc.), though.

> All the HOWTO's have broken links, some sites don't work or maybe its
> about using samba ldap database instead of kolab.

Nope, it's usually about using the same (kolab) data base for both
kolab and samba attributes.  I even use the Kolab LDAP db for storing
DHCP information (not yet documented in my howto).

Hth,
Albrecht.