Kolab2.2 intergrated with Samba

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 21:43:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Nazeer <computech at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> Like in Kolab Admin, thats where i normally create email addresses. I don't
> want to still have to create a samba share as well, i want the user and the
> password of the kolab email i create to the the same as the samba share.
> Exactly how the links discuss but without it being a domain controller. I
> dowant to have to add pcs to a domain. Currently, I have the following
> setup:
>
> Mail, File and Internet Server installed on Ubuntu. I create a mail address
> in Kolab but for samba to work, i have to add a user. I want to be able to
> do everything from Kolab. LAM looks promising but Samba probably has to be a
> PDC for it to work.

First, with samba, like with M$, a computer don't need to have joined
the domain to access
resource from other member of the domain !
Then you can configure Samba as a PDC, but never join the domain :-),
this will works too

Second, the biggest problem is not the PDC part but all the other
stuff, the one you describe above !

Then if you are not a samba and kolab guru, try to reproduce something
that has already done before, by people that know !

The most advanced features are at
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2997

--
Alain Spineux