[HowTO] Installing Kolab 2.2 with Samba on Ubuntu

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Aug 25 21:29:15 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I just uploaded a small howto explaining how I installed Kolab and Samba on
Ubuntu Hardy as to use Kolab's LDAP backend for both purposes.  Please see this
site for the document and all related patches:
<http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-dreszal/kolab/Kolab-Ubuntu.html>.

The document is still incomplete (e.g. no DHCP integration and no SELinux stuff
yet), and most features have not yet been tested thoroughly, so please don't
blame we if it doesn't work fully for you, crashes your box, or degrades your
karma...

Therefore, any comment or suggestion would be really welcome!

Cheers, Albrecht.