Master/Slave functionality?

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 21 13:07:39 CEST 2008

Hi Del,

there is a diploma thesis on this topic which described a high
reliability system with two servers using a heartbeat service to detect
server failure. Unfortunatly it is for the initial kolab aka Kroupware
server and it is written in German:
http://kolab.linjection.org/contrib/diplom_thetis_stoermer/OSS_Groupware_Kolab.pdf

Best regards,
Saim

Del schrieb:
> Thanks again. What I will need then is probably a mirror of the master
> server to achieve redundancy on server level. I haven't figured out a
> good way to enable fail-over, so any reports on a working set-up is
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Del

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/