Cannot activate Forward email, mail delivery or vacation

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:19:39 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Morten Christensen <mc-kolab at mc.cx> wrote:
> Thomas Arendsen Hein skrev den 19-08-2008 15:29:
>> * Morten Christensen <mc-kolab at mc.cx> [20080818 21:56]:

>>> Yes, I can telnet to port 2000.
>>>

>> try  telnet whatyouhaveconfiguredasyourkolabserverfqdn 2000
>> (this is exactly what the web admin interface does itself, e.g. to
>> configure sieve scripts on a slave server)
>>
>> Kolab servers want to be able to reach themselves (and their
>> masters/slaves) via the names you have configured, otherwise various
>> things (e.g. sieve via web admin) won't work.
>>
> That is the problem.
> I changed the first line in /etc/hostname from
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 127.0.0.1 localhost kolab.mc.cx
> and now the webinterface works.

Grrrr Rules of thumbs 1st: ALWAYS SETUP YOUR HOSTNAME IN YOUR HOSTS FILE !!!

Doing a  :
# ping kolab.mc.cx
PING mc.cx (87.52.120.51) 56(84) bytes of data.

Its better to put the IP by wich others know your server, I mean

87.52.120.51 kolab.mc.cx

To do that your server must have IP 87.52.120.51 on one of your interface.
If your server dont have this IP addresse, just ad it to one of your interface
and check your server is still working as expected.
A simple alias on ethX can be enought, where ethX is on the side of
the internet.
for example something like
# ifconfig eth0:1 87.52.120.51 netmask 255.255.255.255

Try to configure this in your distribution !

# ifconfig eth0:1 87.52.120.51 netmask 255.255.255.255 down

to "disable" it

Regards

> --
> Morten Christensen