Group permission for calendar

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Aug 20 09:54:47 CEST 2008

Quoting "Saim Kim" <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de>:

> Hello Gunnar.
>
> Gunnar Wrobel schrieb:
>>
>> sorry for the late response.
>>
>> Quoting Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> after upgrading to Kolab 2.2 release version I'm trying to set the group
>>> permission for calendars up. I'm starting with a calendar which every
>>> user of a certain group (aka distribution list) should have read
>>> permission to. I setup up the permission under the fbview for the
>>> distribution list under the "single user permissions" and checked it
>>> under cyradm interface as well. It showed up correctly as "lr" for the
>>> distribution list email address. But, I cannot see or access it.
>>
>> Can you be more specific on the application you try to use in order to
>> see or access the folder? Also in fbview?
> I'm using fbview to set the calendar permissions and double checked with
> cyradm.

I doubt that this really works as you descibe it as the fbview
installation (as well as the web client installation) should not yet
know anything about groups. If you check this with cyradm, do you see
the prefixed "group:" in front of the group mail address? If not it
won't work as cyrus IMAP interprets this as a single user, not a
distribution list/group.

> I cannot see those folders in Outlook/Toltec and Horde. I would
> like to use this function to grant read access to the calendars of
> ressources for a group of users.

This won't work in the current release of the Kolab web client in
Kolab server 2.2.0 as the Kolab group driver is not yet included in
the release. It will be present in the next release. If you wish you
can add a bug about this so that we have a reminder to check that
feature before the next release.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Best regards,
> Saim
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Gunnar
>>
>>> Setting
>>> it up as visible and readable for "logged in users" makes it visible and
>>> readable. Any hints why it doesn't work with distribution list as
>>> described by Gunnar in Kolab-users Digest, Vol 52, Issue 5?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Saim
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
>>> Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
>>> Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
>>> RWTH Aachen
>>> Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
>>> ---
>>> Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/
>>> Tel:   +49-(0)241-80 23218
>>> Fax:   +49-(0)241-80 82442
>>> email: s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
>>>

> --
> Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
> Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
> Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
> RWTH Aachen
> Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
> ---
> Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/
> Tel:   +49-(0)241-80 23218
> Fax:   +49-(0)241-80 82442
> email: s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg