external horde

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Aug 20 09:18:53 CEST 2008

Quoting "Alar Sing" <alar.sing at err.ee>:

> Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
>> * Alar Sing <alar.sing at err.ee> [20080819 15:38]:
>>> I readed on kolab wiki
>>> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Horde that I can
>>> use horde on external apache server. There was installation script
>>> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/server/horde/external-horde.sh
>>>   this installs horde3.2-rc1 is this the newst version of horde that is
>>> supported with kolab 2.2?
>>> Or there is now patching involved with horde3.2 stable versions?
>>
>> This script is unsupported and currently broken, since the Horde ftp
>> server removed the tarballs the script wants to download.
>>
>> You could setup a Kolab slave server with Horde enabled and as long
>> as you don't specify it as the Mailbox Home Server for users, it has
>> nearly the same functionality.
>>
> I'm suse user and there is now horde package in
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/Kolab/openSUSE_10.3/
> repo. So the slave ain't solution for me. I found
> http://hg.pardus.de/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/ patches put for witch version of
> Horde I need to use? Stable on nightly cvs tar's?

http://hg.pardus.de/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/ is my personal horde patch queue.
You need some experience with mercurial patch queues in order to
understand which patches belong to which Horde branch or release. I do
not recommend to use this!

Any new releases for the Kolab web client will be based on
horde-webmail (http://www.horde.org/webmail/). The corresponding
patches for Kolab can be found in Kolab CVS
(http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/patches/horde-webmail/1.1.1/horde-webmail-1.1.1_kolab_openpkg.patch).

There might be some additional steps necessary like the setup of the
sqlite database. You can try to mimik the OpenPKG package you can find
at
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolab-webclient/kolab-webclient.spec.

I guess it is obvious from these instructions that this is work under
way. The version of the web client we have in the current Kolab server
version was a first trial setup and I believe the horde-webmail based
installation should be a lot easier and safer. I already got some
positive reports from the Gentoo users (these can currently install
the web client for Kolab using USE="kolab" emerge
www-apps/horde-webmail).

The work will be finished in about four weeks (as I'm on vacation for
two weeks soon) and I hope we'll see devent web client packages on
OpenPKG, Gentoo, SuSE and Debian by then. Maybe the external script
will also get updated.

Cheers,

Gunnar

>> Regards,
>> Thomas Arendsen Hein

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg