Email reminders in Horde?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Aug 15 06:34:25 CEST 2008

Quoting Martin Honermeyer <maze at strahlungsfrei.de>:

> Hi,
>
> is there any way to get email reminders from Horde/Kronolith working within
> Kolab? I tried manually running
> /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php and
> /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/scripts/alarms.php.
>
> alarms fails with
>
> Required "phptype" not specified in horde configuration.
>
> The file /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/config/../config/conf.php should
> contain a
> $conf['sql']['params']['phptype'] setting.

The current version of Horde within the Kolab Server does not come
with a database at all. There are some parts of the Horde system that
require a database though. The "Alarms" module is one of them. As
these parts were not essential for generating a decent Kolab web
client I did not enable these parts with the first version.

Kolab Server 2.2.1 will add a simple sqlite database for such modules.
You could try to add this already now but I don't have a "HowTo" yet :)

> reminders reports many safe mode warnings and exits with an IMAP failure:
>
> PHP Notice:  Unknown: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN
> (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0
> PHP Notice:  Unknown: IMAP protocol error: Client canceled authentication
> (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0
> PHP Notice:  Unknown: IMAP Authentication cancelled (errflg=2) in Unknown on
> line 0

This is a different problem as the web client initially tries to
contact the IMAP server as an anonymous user. I have to improve how
the Kolab backend deals with this at a later timepoint. For the time
being these notices will remain in the log. But I should probably add
an issue in the tracker.

Done...

https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2983
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2984

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Greetz
> Martin

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg