BlackBerry ?

Jason Komar jkomar at jbox.ca
Wed Aug 13 14:29:02 CEST 2008

On August 13, 2008 05:08:50 am kiser Caesar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm lost, I can't understand if kolab can work with a blackberry. I read
> some posts but without a clear answer. Who know about it ?
>
> Thanks,

> Plus besoin de clé usb ! Stockez votre musique en ligne gratuitement !
> http://www.windowslive.fr/skydrive/

You can set up your Blackberry to check your kolab user's inbox like any other
mail server. To synchronize your contacts and calendar though, you need to
run Outlook with a connector like Toltec and synchronize at the desktop. If
you don't use Outlook for email, you're out of luck. There is currently no
over the air synchronization. Funambol looks like it could provide this, but
there is currently no kolab connector for Funambol. Gunnar Wrobel is working
on SyncML support in Horde, but I understand it's not ready yet. I'm a little
unclear if SyncML support would provide the over the air functionality, or if
it would only provide desktop synchronization with clients other than
Outlook.

Cheers,
--
Jason Komar