Is kolab srewing up other people's gnupg signatures?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 18 15:43:50 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 15:57, Johannes Graumann wrote:
>  When diffing the complete exported mime messages - the sent versus the
>
> > received version - I get the following:
> > # diff Message_Sent Message_Received
> > 0a1
> >
> > 2,3c3
> > <   charset="us-ascii"
> > ---

> > 21c21
> > ---

What is the change here? (Look at the non-visible whitespace chars.)

> > Something in the kolab suite might/is messing up the message header and
> > invalidates thereby the signature. How might I track this? Who's a likely
> > perpetrator? Do other people see this or is it something I messed up in
> > the configuration?
>
> And btw: looking at the message source at googlemail: they have it right,
> so Kolab definitely is to blame ...

This would be news.
Known to break a signature this way under some circumstances is Mailman,
see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=815297&group_id=103&atid=100103
[ 815297 ] Breaking signatures in message/rfc822 attachement!

I am not aware of a component in Kolab Server that would do this kind of
reformatting. So you need to do more analysis.
We need from you a few version number, especially which Kolab Server
version and email clients you are using.
https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Problem_reporting#Using_the_mailing_lists

Next you would need to proof which component damages the email.
There are several ways to do this. One is to sniff the network connections
and see if the incoming email to Kolab's postfix is still untampereed.

Bernhard