Is kolab srewing up other people's gnupg signatures?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Wed Apr 16 15:40:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a somewhat convoluted mail setup:
1. A number of mail accounts all forewarding to a gmail account
2. fetchmail imap-pulling the messages from the gmail account and inserting
it into a local kolab installation
3. kontact imap-retrieves the mail from kolab.

Recently - not really sure since when - I started noticing that while a
self-addressed gpg-signed message validates perfectly well from the "Sent
Mail" folder, the received one fails the validation. I can not formally
exclude that this is happening on the non-kolab smtp I'm using, but it's
unlikely since 2 independent smtp servers at my disposal result in the
validation-failure.
When diffing the complete exported mime messages - the sent versus the
received version - I get the following:
# diff Message_Sent Message_Received
0a1

2,3c3

Something in the kolab suite might/is messing up the message header and
invalidates thereby the signature. How might I track this? Who's a likely
perpetrator? Do other people see this or is it something I messed up in the
configuration?

Thanks for any input,
Joh