postfix: mail forwarding for domain if user unknown

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Sep 26 17:47:39 CEST 2007

* Thomas Nintemann <t.nintemann at medial-networks.de> [20070925 20:13]:
> > Can I reach port 110 and 25 of the other server ?
> > Are they reachable from the internet ( port 25 and 110) ?
>
> No, the both server cannot communicate directly together and they have no open
> ports that are reachable from the Internet.

Usually I would have said that you can use a transports entry for
these users or create Kolab accounts with a fake kolabHomeServer
entry pointing to the non-Kolab server, but for all this the Kolab
server has to be able to communicate with the second server on port
25.

But how do you think the mail should be passed to the other side if
the second server isn't reachable from the first?

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998