Plugin; TVWish

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Mon Sep 3 08:52:50 CEST 2007

I just wanted to let anyone know that the TVwish plugin by Brad Templeton and
available at >http://www.templetons.com/brad/myth/tvwish.html> works with the
latest release of MythTV.

For those who do not now what it is, it is a Perl program that can be run from
Cron and basically uses a list of programs, movies, etc. that you define (or
can download) and searched your MythTV database for them and scheduled them
to record.  It is very powerful with too many features to mention here.  It
has already found a number of movies I would have missed, as I don;t always
have the time to go through my listing in MythWeb each day or every few days
to see what I'd like to record.

It would be great to have this sort of feature added/available as part of
MythWeb, or perhaps even the MythTV software itself, but I can live with it
as-is.

Just thought I would share.

-Alan M.