annotations.db

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Oct 29 11:50:22 CET 2007

* Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com> [20071029 09:51]:
> I've been asked to find out why someones kolab system does not run.
> >From the error logs it is a problem with the annotations.db file. Having
> searched the archives it appears an old problem connected with cyrusdb
> but what seems to be missing from the is the magic to recover from this.

The magic is to use your backup.

If you don't have a backup, you have much work to do, i.e. manually
setting all desired annotations after moving away the broken
annotations.db:

# /kolab/bin/cyradm --user manager localhost
mboxcfg user/theuser/theCalendarFolder at example.com /vendor/kolab/folder-type event

It is usually possible to salvage some data from the broken db by
dumping it to a different format, but certainly not all.

Alternatively just recreate any groupware folder using a Kolab client.

Please contact the Kolab Konsortium if you (or the above mentioned
someone) need professional support with this.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998