Kolab for internet mail

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Fri Oct 26 03:19:56 CEST 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007 12:42, Roy Hoobler wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running 2.0.4 and everything is working fine but now we need to access
> email through imap/outlook from a different domain (or the internet).
>
> How do I access the email functionality from a computer on the internet?
>
> I followed some instructions from a recent topic ("Email-Delegates") but
> that didn't seem to work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roy

Outlooks seems to cause problems and doesn't work well with imap.
You have to use slasl authentication and log in to send e-mail. Thunderbird
and I think Outlook express work well.
You may want to start with Thunderbird and then use the settings for Outlook.
It should work with kolab out of the box.

--

Thomas