*** SOLVED *** Re: Problem when modifying a user after migration kolab 2.04 => Kolab 2.1

Sylvain MEDEOT symedeot at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 26 09:51:15 CEST 2007

> The first time you use horde, it add some horde specific attributes to the user.
> These attributes should be used in an access rules somewhere in
> /kolab/etc/openldap or /kolab/etc/openldap/schema to restrict the
> usage.
>
> I looked on my kolab config but did not find anything, but I dont have
> horde and don upgraded from 2.0!
>
> You should search in your config for such a rules.

Since it was an Object class violation, it was not related to an access rule (I tried
anyway to put write users to everybody and it was the same).

I got the following information :

change /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php, line 507 :

>From :
$ldap_object['objectClass'] = array('top', 'inetOrgPerson','kolabInetOrgPerson');

to :
$ldap_object['objectClass'] = array('top',
'inetOrgPerson','kolabInetOrgPerson','hordePerson');

And then, the problem was solved.

Many thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

Sylvain