Permissions on shared folders

Andreas Micklei andreas.micklei at ivistar.de
Wed Oct 24 10:32:20 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> Andreas Micklei <andreas.micklei at ivistar.de> writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having an annoying issue with kolab 2.1. I created shared folders
> > for teaching the spam filter as explained in the wiki. All my users can
> > access shared.spam and shared.ham just fine.
> >
> > Now I want to restrict write access to the folders to certain trusted
> > users and only grant read access to anyone. I can do this via kontact and
> > the access rights are propagated just fine. However on the next morning
> > the access rights are gone and anyone has full access to the shared
> > folders again.
> >
> > Anyone else experienced this? Any idea where to look?
>
> If the settings get changed every night I assume there is some kind of
> cron job running every night that leads to the effect you are
> seeing. Which cron job get run every night?

Every night kolab gets stopped and backupped, then started again. I also run
spamandclam.sh every night.

regards,
Andreas Micklei

--
Andreas Micklei
IVISTAR Kommunikationssysteme AG

Handelsregister: Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 75173
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE207795030
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dirk Elias
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Jörg Gehler