OpenSuSE 10.3 integration

Eric Knudstrup eric at knudstrup.org
Sun Oct 14 08:35:58 CEST 2007

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric K <eknuds-kolab at knudstrup.org> writes:
>
> Right, the postfix patches went in with postffix-2.4.0 so there is no
> patching needed.

Great!
> The Horde patches are also in the directory given above. Are you using
> Horde with a Kolab server right now? I'd not expect SyncML to work
> with the Kolab drivers at the moment. The changes added to the Horde
> share system still pose some problems to the internal API calls.

That's a bummer.  I wonder which would be more work.  Getting another
front to work (such as Funambol) or updating the Horde SyncML
implementation.
Right now I'm using Horde with the MySQL backend.
> I guess they are also interested in OpenSuSE 10.3. So maybe there is a
> chance to collaborate.
>
> Richard sent me a reply, so yeah, I'd like to assist in the effort
> somehow.
I'm starting a new job in a couple of days so I may not have an excess
of time and energy.
I think what I'd like to do at least is try to build a verson of the
core Kolab package for 10.3 that doesn't need a separate Postfix package.
My current server is completely functional but getting a little out of
date, so I'm looking to do something soon.

Eric

--
It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.
Hunter S. Thompson