Kontact invite and reply not readable by Outlook

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 30 11:34:30 CET 2007

Hi Stephane,

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 15:41, Stephane Konstantaropoulos wrote:
> I am using Kontact Version 1.2.4 (enterprise 0.20071012.724442) as included
> in Fedora 8.

Note (enterprise 0.20071012.724442) is a suboptimal version to package.

Best is to look at the packages that have moved from "experimental"
to unstable in http://apt.intevation.de/dists/etch/unstable/source/

> When sending an invite to Outlook the whole source of the event appears in
> Outlook and it does not see it as an event.

> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> PRODID:-//K
> Desktop
> Environment//NONSGML
> libkcal
> 3.5//EN
> VERSION:2.0
> METHOD:CANCEL

It looks like you have been hit by
* kolab/issue2108 (Kontact sends broken invitation email.)
See
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/kdepim/enterprise/kdepim/NewsLog.txt?view=markup

Fixed in enterprise.0.20071025.729306.
I suggest you file a report with Fedora and suggest packaging a better
version.

Best Regards,
Bernhard