External network issues

Matthew Smart m.d.smart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:03:35 CET 2007

Hi again,

I was wondering if there was a setting that specifies which external
hosts are allowed to connect to authenticated pop3 over ssl and
authenticated smtp over ssl (995 and 465) because I can connect to my
server just fine using it's local network IP, but if I try to connect
using the domain name, I get no response. for the purposes of testing
I've forwarded all tcp and udp traffic from ports 1 to 1000 to my
server to eliminate port forwarding as a problem.

Any help on this would, as always, be appreciated. Thankyou again,

Matt Smart