AW: /kolab/sbin/slapcat 0 byte big

Matias Schwalm ms at tbits.net
Tue Nov 13 15:12:45 CET 2007

The output file (/kolab/var/openldap/slapcat) is 0 byte big. When I open it with vi it's absolutly empty.

A customer from us, who uses kolabserver 2.0.99, has no problems. The customers with version 2.1.0 do have the problem too.

> On Nov 12, 2007 12:14 PM, Matias Schwalm <ms at tbits.net> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've installed Kolab, and as I did an
> > "/kolab/sbin/slapcat > /kolab/var/openldap/slapcat" to make
> a backup from ldap I got this errormessage:
> >
> > /kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 64: new attribute <member>
> > bdb_db_open: DB_CONFIG for suffix dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx has changed.
> > Performing database recovery to activate new settings.
> > bdb_db_open: Recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual
> recovery if errors are encountered.
> >
> > What can I do?
> >
> Give us more information :-)
> Kolab's version ?
> Cut&Paste some line around the 64 in slapd.conf !
> Did you do something unusual ?
> Is your kolab working ? (adding user, sending/receiving mail)

I made a Centos5 install and installed the latest stable Kolab openpkg pakage.

Kolab's version: 2.1.0
perl-kolab-5.8.7-20070420
kolabd-2.1.0-20070510
kolab-resource-handlers-2.1.0-20070510
kolab-webadmin-2.1.0-20070510
Kolab is working perfectly.
openldap-2.3.29-2.20061110_kolab
imapd-2.2.12-2.5.0_kolab2
apache-1.3.33-2.5.6_kolab2
spamassassin-3.1.0-2.5.1_kolab
imap-2004g-2.5.0_kolab
postfix-2.2.5-2.5.0_kolab
file-4.15-2.5.0_kolab2
php-4.4.0-2.5.2_kolab2
amavisd-2.3.3-2.5.0_kolab
clamav-0.90.2-20070413_kolab

/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
Line 60 to 68
<---snap--->
#### Using overlays to improve data consistency
# Ensure that we never get dangling member attributes
# Checked on rename and delete
overlay refint
refint_attributes member

# The mail and the uid attribute must be unique.
overlay unique
unique_attributes mail uid

Matthias