kolab-2.2-beta2; OpenPKG error: unexpected EOF

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 23:44:13 CET 2007

On 11/3/07, Alan Murrell <lists at murrell.ca> wrote:
> Hi Alain,
>
> Thank you for replying.  I am replying back to you via the list, so as to keep
> this thread there, in case it helps others.  I hope that is OK.
>
> On Saturday 03 November 2007 04:34:12 you wrote:
> > >   1.) the "snakeoil" certificate doesn't seem to have been installed into
> > > '/kolab/etc/apache/ssl.crt'.  No indication that it was generated.
> > > Apache of course fails to start, unless I comment out the lines in
> > > '/kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf' that have to dowitht he SSL certs.  Is
> > > there a way to generate them on the server?
> >
> > /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_sslcert.sh `hostname`
>
> I ran that, but it didn't create the "snakeoil" certificates that Apache is
> looking for.  Here are the SSL lines in '/kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf':
>
> ----------
>     SSLEngine             on
>     SSLCertificateFile    /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.crt/snakeoil-rsa.crt
>     SSLCertificateKeyFile /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-rsa.key
>     SSLCertificateFile    /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.crt/snakeoil-dsa.crt
>     SSLCertificateKeyFile /kolab/etc/apache/ssl.key/snakeoil-dsa.key
> ----------

your /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf is not the good one

here are my on my kolab-2.2-beta-2

# grep -i certifi /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf
#SSLCACertificateFile    /kolab/etc/kolab/server.pem
SSLCertificateFile      /kolab/etc/kolab/cert.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile   /kolab/etc/kolab/key.pem

Try to run kolabconf to refresh the file.
Does it changed something ?

Look wich version of apache you have !
Here is my.

[root at centos5 ~]# openpkg rpm -q apache
apache-2.2.6-20070910

> I would imagine that since the root CA lives in '/kolab/etc/kolab', I should
> be able to create the necessary certs, anyway?
>
> > >   2.) All te services are running, but I cannot connect to any of them
> > > (tried telnetting to ports 25, 110, and connecting to the webserver on
> > > port 80 from Firefox)
> >
> > Can you check if services are binded to the sockets, using "netstat -a"
> > Is your hostaname, ip address configured into your /etc/host file ?
>
> They are, but a closer inspection of the config files show they are binding to
> the localhost address (127.0.0.1) for some reason... :-(  I will if I can
> re-bootstrap and see if that fixes it.

First check if your hostanme and IP address match your /etc/hosts file !
Then bootstrap again.

> -Alan Murrell

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com