Kolab not installing

Paul Douglas Franklin pdf at yugm.org
Wed May 23 02:24:40 CEST 2007

Thanks for all the help on my Kolab install at home.  Now I'm trying to
install Kolab at my workplace.  I downloaded Kolab server
2.1.0 sources and proceeded using the instructions in the readme.
I executed the following commands:

# sh obmtool kolab 2>&1 | tee kolab-build.log
# /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

The second command failed to do anything other than report that the
specified file cannot be run because it doesn't exist.  So I did some
checking and discovered two things:  The first command produced results
ending with some instructions which are different from the next
instruction in the readme.  And it left a mostly blank /kolab.  For more
detail on these, go to http://yugm.org/kolab.  I did attempt to follow
the instructions at the end of the log, but those didn't accomplish the
goal of a working kolab server either.  They seem to have more to do
with openpkg itself than with Kolab.  Then I tried to remove everything
using instructions that I saw after one of those install attempts.  I
still have the three kolab users and I don't know what else.

This install is on an OpenSuse 10.2 box.

Where should I go from here?

--Paul

--
Paul Douglas Franklin
Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington