Kolab blocked when clam update fails

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Wed May 16 07:17:23 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 08:02, Alain Spineux wrote:
> You can disable both of the amavis component (AV and SpamAssassin) at the
> same time in the Service panel, but not separately (except if you tune
> the amavis
> config file yourself)
>
> On 5/15/07, Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to disable the Anti Virus scanner in Amavis. This is now
> > the second time that the Clam Ativirus signature file update failed, and
> > every time the Kolab stops accepting mail.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Thomas

I think I am making some progress. I was able to stop the clamscan and now the
almost 100% user resource usage went away. I am not certain if clamd works.
I still would like to get the f-prot running, at least for testing the
efficiency.
I have in the amavisd.conf file:
*****
  ### http://www.f-prot.com/
  ['FRISK F-Prot Antivirus', ['f-prot','/usr/local/bin/f-prot'],
    '-dumb -archive -packed {}', [0,8], [3,6],
    qr/Infection: (.+)/ ],
****

It was working with kolab 1 but since I upgraded to Kolab2 it hasn't been
running
I can scan a directory with f-prot /home/user/

--

Thomas