OK - nearly there I think

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jul 31 10:37:00 CEST 2007

Simon Powell <cabletastic at gmail.com> writes:

> Right,
> After following the 'everything that can go wrong - did' route today
> with my install onto Ubuntu 7.04 I now have Kolab 2.1 and the Horde
> web front end installed and starting. However , even though I have
> added a user thru the webadmin site and indeed from the CLI neither
> of these users can log in to their mailboxes. If I test by trying to
> telnet to the IMAP or POP ports I get a bad user/password combo and
> cannot log into the mail accounts - anyone know what I am doing wrong
> here please?

You'd need to provide some more information here. There is a
description for a debug route if your users can't login on the wiki:

1) Debug SASL: http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_SASL

2) Debug LDAP: http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_LDAP

3) Debug the mail account: http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Mail_accounts

Which part causes the problem?