FreeBusy Problems

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jul 31 10:23:22 CEST 2007

Torsten Krah <tkrah at fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I want to use freebusy with kolab. Did a standard install.
> Fllowed the wiki troubleshooting article - but first point fails already and
> theres no log file:
>
> Apache Error Log tells:
>
> [Sat Jul 28 10:39:52 2007] [warn] [client 192.168.1.100] [25479] auth_ldap
> authenticate: user krah authentication failed; URI /freebusy/krah.ifb
> [ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Invalid DN syntax]
> [Sat Jul 28 10:41:52 2007] [warn] [client 192.168.1.100] [25480] auth_ldap
> authenticate: user krah authentication failed;
> URI /freebusy/trigger/krah/Kalender.pfb [ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed]
> [Invalid DN syntax]
>

> The user uid is "krah" and the mail address "krah at testdomain".
>
> If i point the browser to the url internal server error is happening with that
> messages above in the log.
>
> Any hints whats wrong?

Do you have any trouble logging in with that uid or mail-address
anywhere else? Does free/busy work if you use the mail address for
logging in or does it only fail if you use the short UID?

What is strange is the "Invalid DN syntax" message. This looks like a
deeper problem. Can you tell us more about the Kolab version you
installed. It's also always helpful if you state your base system in
which you installed the OpenPKG envrionment.

Cheers,

Gunnar