Newbie questions about address book, configure client and others

Rubén Gómez Antolí lobo at mucharuina.com
Wed Jul 25 09:00:43 CEST 2007

Hello all,

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Friday 20 July 2007 13:19, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
>> I'll itemize now the step to configure an account:
>>
>> - Add user to kolab, and to kolab's groups throug web interface.
>> - Use kolabwizard.
>> - Run kmail and change option to visible groupware folders.
>
> (this is unusal, btw.)

I should do add to this that I do not encounter these stuff with all of
the configure accounts.

>> - Configure SMTP transport to send mails throug kolab.
>
> This should be already done by the wizard, if you start on
> a clean account.

Same comment for this item.

>> [...]
>> - Configure "free/busy" page of korganizer.
>
> Should not need configuration.
> (Note you _must_ not publish freebusy lists with Kolab Server >=2).

Why? I don't find these point in doc. Actually I follow this document:

http://kolab.org/doc/doc2-1.70.pdf

I think that is a "old" doc but I don't find any newer.

>> - Configure "group work" manually: add groups acounts, add perms...
>>
>> Are there a "fast" method to configure it?
>
> Did you check into KDE Kiosk?

I read something about Kde Kiosk but I don't think that kiosk was for
me, perhaps I'll need to read more about Kiosk.

Thanks so much.

Regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.