Kolab install on Gentoo - error "Couldn't download 'framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'"

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jul 13 16:53:36 CEST 2007

Charles Dand <charles.dand at penguinfactory.co.uk> writes:

> Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> Charles Dand <charles.dand at penguinfactory.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>> Whilst attempting to install the Gentoo native version of Kolab I have
>>> run into an error whilst emerging kolabd, the error reported is
>>>
>>> !!! Couldn't download 'framework-HEAD-2007-07-01.tar.gz'. Aborting.
>>>
>>> I checked on the ftp server and right enough the directory
>>> /pub/snaps/2007-07-01/ doesn't exist, instead there are a number of
>>> others (which clearly correlate with the date). Just wondering which
>>> directory I should be looking for instead, is it advisable to use the
>>> latest?
>>
>> this is a problem of the way I currently built the horde ebuilds. They
>> are snapshot based and the snapshots are only available for a week. So
>> I am forced to upgrade every week but right now I have been extremely
>> short on time so that I was unable to keep the deadline :) I'll try to
>> fix it tonight.
>
> Hi Gunnar,
>
> Just wondering if there was any news on this. I can see that you've been
> busy with a lot of other changes so I can understand if this is
> something that is at the back of a long list.

Sorry for the delay. I was able to fix it today and I fixed it in a
way so that it does not happen in a week again.

> Out of curiosity once you've changed things how is best to update an
> overlayed portage, is it necessary to run
>
> # layman -S

Yes, that is what I do with the overlays I use in my systems. They get
synced like this every night.

> or will and emerge --sync update the overlay? Sorry haven't had much
> experience with Gentoo overlays.

"emerge --sync" will only update the normal portage tree. Eventually
portage should gain the capabilities to also sync overlays but it does
not have it yet. Maybe paludis can already do this. I'm not certain.

Cheers,

Gunnar