Greylisting in kolab to reduce spam

Andreas Micklei andreas.micklei at
Thu Jul 12 14:24:18 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2006 schrieb Andrew J. Kopciuch:
> > Awesome! This is great! Thanks Andy :)
> >
> > Will give it a bash :)
> If you are lucky enough to be using an ubuntu based distro, they have a
> very nicely packaged version of postgrey.  Not sure about stock Debian, but
> I'm sure it's similar.  I can not vouch for other distributions.  :(

I just tried with CentOS 4.5. The postgrey package is available via dag or
rpmforge. Just had to create /etc/sysconfig/postgrey to make it listen on an
inet socket:
----- snip -----
# Options to postgrey
OPTIONS="$OPTIONS --inet=60000"
----- snap -----
Then change in the same way as described in the earlier

Very easy to setup indeed! :-)

Andreas Micklei

Andreas Micklei
IVISTAR Kommunikationssysteme AG
Ehrenbergstr. 19 / 10245 Berlin, Germany

Handelsregister: Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 75173
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE207795030
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dirk Elias
Aufsichtsratsvorsitz: Dipl.-Betriebsw. Frank Bindel