PHP Warning: Operation not permitted

Sönke Ebert soenke.ebert at freenet.de
Fri Jul 6 16:41:27 CEST 2007

> the error message somehow looks strange: the script tries to rename
> the file "/var/tmp/imapcache6pXRbf" to
> "/kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache/architekt-miro^de/mirco^meier/"
> but is not allowed to do so.
>
> What irritates me is that the script is located in
> "/usr/local/kolab/var/kolab/php/freebusy/
> freebusyimapcache.class.php". So
> your kolab root seems to be "/usr/local/kolab" rather than local.
>
> Can you give additional details about your specific setup?
>
> Does the user running apache (probably kolab-n) have sufficient
> permissions within
> "/kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache/architekt-miro^de/mirco^meier/"?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

yes, that's right. My kolab root is /usr/local/kolab. I think it
should be like that everywhere cause it is documented  on the wiki page:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Source

What do you need to know? The system runs stable since 2005 apart
from some errors in saslauthd.log saying not beeing able to bind to
ldap (toltec client).
Another thing that never really worked was the freebusy but I never
had those errors in apache-errors.log before. It's there since I
updated to 2.1.

I checked if the user running apache (it is kolab-n) has sufficient
permissions. He's got r+w:
-rw-------  1 kolab-n  kolab-n  7922  6 Jul 13:35 Kalender.imapcache
-rw-------  1 kolab-n  kolab-n   695  6 Jul 13:35 Kalender.pfb
-rw-------  1 kolab-n  kolab-n    83  6 Jul 13:35 Kalender.pfb.acl
-rw-------  1 kolab-n  kolab-n  1656  6 Jul 13:35 Kalender.xpfb
-rw-------  1 kolab-n  kolab-n    83  6 Jul 13:35 Kalender.xpfb.acl

Maybe it has something to do with the change described here (german
Kalender):
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/KDE_Kolab_Client_-_Tips_&_Tricks

Moreover, I am still not sure where to put the email domain kolab is
responsible for (architekt-miro.de) and where to put the server's
hostname (server.architekt-miro.lokal). That might be essential
especially for FreeBusy generation. The bootstrap was years ago and
maybe there is an error in the config since then?
For example, there is this parameter in fbview.conf.template which is
not clear to me:
// What is the address of the Cyrus server where the calendar data is
stored?
$params['server'] = '@@@fqdnhostname@@@';
It is $params['server'] = 'server.architekt-miro.lokal'; in my
fbview.conf.

Thanks for your help