failover machine?

Christopher M. Hobbs chobbs at siloamsprings.com
Mon Jan 29 18:58:50 CET 2007

> configuring Kolab for multiple hosts means that you spread your users
> of several hosts. Still each user will be only present on one host and
> only this machine will hold the users e-mail. So this basically
> load-balancing and not replication which is what you would like to
> have.
>
> Right now there is no integrated solution for automatic replication of
> a Kolab server. You might be able to create your own solution by
> following the backup guide at
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

That's sort of what I suspected.  I'm considering running UUCP or
setting up postfix to act in a primary/secondary MX solution.  It
doesn't look like too difficult of a situation.  I'll be sure to
document the process.

I've got one last question concerning Kolab with multiple hosts.  If I
create a new user on either of my Kolab hosts, will that information
automatically be added to the other server?

Thanks for the response!
cmh
--
Christopher M. Hobbs