kolab on debian etch

Allan Jacobsen Allan.J at cobsen.dk
Thu Jan 18 12:12:20 CET 2007

Hi

I am trying to get kolab running on debian etch, and it looks like most
of it is working, ie. I am able to log into the webinterface, and create
users etc. but email dowsn't work, and after some investigation i have
found 2 problems.
First the kolabmailboxfilter.php does not have enough permission to read
/etc/kolab/resmgr.conf, but that was easy to fix with chmod 0644, but
now i see in the syslog that kolabconf tries to access some template
files in /var/lib/kolab/etc/templates but these files are in
/usr/share/doc/kolabd/templates. The error message end with "unable to
create postfix tranport map" so that must be the reason for mail not
working.
Is it a known problem, or should i try to find the problem and send a
patch somewhere ?

Best regards
Allan Jacobsen