Installation Problems

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Wed Jan 17 20:20:40 CET 2007

Marco Rebsamen wrote:
> Am Montag, 15. Januar 2007 23:07 schrieb Richard Bos:
>> Op maandag 15 januari 2007 22:54, schreef kolab at unimatrix0.ch:
>>> rpm -V apache2
>>>    .......T  c /etc/apache2/server-tuning.conf
>>>
>>> server-tuning.conf is mentioned because I tried commenting those lines
>>> out, no ?
>> Guess so...

>>> Yes exactly

>>> then everything can be started......
>> So, you're close.  But without apache starting you can not configure
>> kolab.... Which apache packages do you have installed?  You need to have:
>> # rpm -qa | grep apache
>> apache2-mod_php5-5.2.0-10
>> apache2-prefork-2.2.3-20
>> apache2-worker-2.2.3-20
>> apache2-2.2.3-20
>>
>> Perhaps you can reinstall apache2?  Most likely with an "rpm --force" as
>> kolab requires apache2.  You can also remove apache including its
>> dependencies (that will include the kolab rpm) and after that install kolab
>> again, that will pull in apache....
>> Once apache is re-installed, try to run:
>> # rcapache2 start
>> If that works, you can again configure apache2 for kolab.... and see what
>> it does after that...
> well...
> I now tried to reinstall every apache package with --force But i cant start it
> with rcapache2... with the same error....
>
> to me it looks like suse has done shit with theyr apache package... wouldn't
> surprise me...

I haven't been following this thread from the beginning, but why is
Apache not starting.
I am having an Apache Kolab problem on Mandriva cooker.
When starting the Apache from service kolab start I get:

Starting cyrus-imapd:                                           [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 80
of /etc/httpd/modules.d/41_mod_ssl.default-vhost.conf:
Invalid command 'UID_Filter', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
                                                                [FAILED]
Thomas