sieve / kde kontact problems / bugs

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Thu Jan 4 15:37:04 CET 2007

On Thursday 4 January 2007 14:55, Matthias Henze wrote:
[...]
> when a user is set up non of the sieve scripts is activated by default.
> this may be considered as a bug as the default delivery script looks like
> this:
>
> require "fileinto";
> if header :contains ["X-Kolab-Scheduling-Message"] ["FALSE"] {
> fileinto "INBOX/Inbox";
> }
[...]

AFAIR, a script like that is only needed when using Outlook and a suitable
connector. I seem to remember that there was some weirdness in Outlook
requiring this, but never followed up on it, as we moved to Linux-only
anyway. In a Linux-environment, I never needed such a filter (and in fact no
such filters are present on our server). My guess therefore is that you can
safely ignore this.

As for custom sieve scripts: We are using squirrelmail as webmail interface at
the moment, and decided to use its "avelsieve" plugin for sieve editing.
Therefore, we discourage the use of the Kolab webinterface to enable the
vacation message and rather encourage all users to use avelsieve to make a
vacation message - that way, you don't run into the problems of the vacation
message inadvertently disabling delivery filters (which IMO is one of the
weaker points of Kolab). Downside is that avelsieve is *not* a sieve parser,
hence, it cannot interpret existing filter scripts that were generated e.g.
manually. However, in our situation, hardly any of those filters existed, so
that was not that big a problem.

Cheerio,

Thomas