missing imap folders

Ger Apeldoorn g.apeldoorn at argoss.nl
Tue Jan 2 12:58:48 CET 2007

Hi,

Did you run cyrreconstruct as the kolab-r user?
Are the file/directory owner correct?
Can you see the messages in the directories?

Ger Apeldoorn

Op dinsdag 2 januari 2007 12:56, schreef Matthias Henze:
> hi,
>
> i've a similar problem. i've mooved several users with "imapsync" to kolab.
> now i can only see the inbox NONE of the subfolders. i've tried to
> reconstruct without anny success. no client is able to see the folders.
> i've tried: kmail, thunderbird, mulberry.
>
> i'm a bit desperate by now :( perhaps some one can help.
>
> TIA
> matthias
>
> Christopher M. Hobbs wrote:
> > Greetings, List!
> >
> > I've got a user that can't seem to see some of his IMAP folders.  I've
> > looked on the server and they are clearly there, but none of our mail
> > clients seem to notice that they are there.
> >
> > I've run various combinations of cyrreconstruct (using knobs such as r,
> > f, and x) and ctl_mboxlist to no avail.  I've been following the wiki
> > for guidance here.
> >
> > After the first pass of cyrreconstruct, the user was able to see some
> > messages that were not previously visible, but they couldn't see any
> > folders other than recently created ones.
> >
> > cyrreconstruct never states that it discovered anything and in most
> > cases it simply does not return any output (nor do I think it touches
> > any files).
> >
> > Should I be asking about this on a postfix/cyrus mailing list somewhere?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!
> >
> > cmh

ARGOSS: your partner for atmospheric, marine & coastal information
P O Box 61
8325ZH Vollenhove The Netherlands
tel +31-527-242299 fax +31-527-242016
Web http://www.argoss.nl

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
use of the e-mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, or one of
those persons, you are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to
copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should
please delete it from your system.

ARGOSS Holding BV and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for any
errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which
arise as a result of Internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and not clearly made on behalf of
ARGOSS.