Internal users

Brad Ralph brad at ralph.id.au
Tue Feb 27 09:30:09 CET 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 6:46:55 pm ITSEF Admin wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 07:34, Brad Ralph wrote:
> > I am having trouble understanding how Internal Users work.  I have just
> > set up Kolab 2.1 RC1 using the default instructions and created some
> > internal users. I want them to be able to send and receive email on my
> > server / domain but not to be able to send email to any other domain.  (
> > this is what I understood the Internal User type would do).
>
> [...]
>
> As far as I always understood the matter, the *only* difference between an
> internal and an ordinary user is that the internal user is not listed in
> the address book. I'm not aware on any restriction with regard to
> sending/receiving mail.
>
> Cheerio,
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thankyou for your reply.

The reason I thought internal users have some restrictions is from the entry
on the wiki - http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/User_Account_Types

<quote>
Internal User Account
This type of user is similar to "normal" users, but it will not show up in the
ldap address book. Please also note that an internal user is not able to send
mail to the outside.
</quote>

I just can't seem to find out how this is suppose to work.

I would be really grateful for any assistance as the Exchange box I am trying
to replace uses account restrictions on a number of its accounts.  This is
turning into something of a show stopper for me <sigh>

Regards,
Brad Ralph