SV: "Sender rejected"

André Karlsson andre at solutrix.se
Thu Feb 22 20:03:57 CET 2007

Hi

You are much faster than me when it comes to checking the mail list great
that is:

How ever Thomas A Hein was right the error msg was a 554 see below:

554 <root at lantlif.nu>: Sender address rejected: Invalid sender;
from=<root at lantlif.nu> to=<andre at solutrix.se> proto=ESMTP
helo=<dcentral1.solutrix.se>

554 <root at lantlif.nu>: Sender address rejected: Invalid sender;
from=<root at lantlif.nu> to=<root at lantlif.nu> proto=ESMTP
helo=<dcentral1.solutrix.se>

Both are valid mail accounts on my kolab mail server.
 Dcentral1.solutrix.se is one of our datacentrals with its own smtprelay (so
in this case this should be a privileged network).

But a lot of users have port 25 closed by their ISP and the ISP offers their
own smtp. I can not predict all the relays. But I still want to be able to
send "internal mail" via those relays, since sending mails to the mass works
as planned.
Best Regards André