which Mac OS X client to use with kolab2

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 7 17:02:13 CET 2007

Stefan Armbruster <ml001 at armbruster-it.de> writes:

> 1) Athera (http://www.thekompany.com/projects/aethera/index.php3)
> Does it support Kolab2 or Kolab1? Since the last release is from early 2005,
> is this project still alive?

As far as I can tell there has been no movement on the aethera
software for more than a year. I guess it currently only supports
Kolab1.

> 3) Thunderbird together with Synckolab
> (http://www.gargan.org/extensions/synckolab.html)
> Seems to be in rather experimental state. Suitable for production use?

This will only support the calendar. Worked well for me when I tested
it, but I'd be carefull with "production use".

> 4) Horde Webclient

Definitely no "production use". This is still experimental.

Cheers,

Gunnar