Integration with Samba (Was: Re: Strategies to implement kolab)

Luca Fornasari luca at furna.com
Fri Dec 14 03:42:57 CET 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Strategies to implement kolab
From: Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com>
To: Luca Fornasari <luca at furna.com>
CC: Kolab Users <kolab-users at kolab.org>, Paul Franklin <pdf at yugm.org>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 17:27:58 GMT+0800 (HKT)
> On Dec 12, 2007 8:47 AM, Luca Fornasari <luca at furna.com> wrote:
>
>> The exercise here is to have Kolab installed from sources (including
>> apache etc) and samba plus a second instance of apache and other stuff
>> from the Debian repository. Obviously samba will use the same LDAP
>> server so users will have one profile and one password only ...
>>
> As disused on some threats previously, the only unsolvable problem is
> the need to
> have 2 distinct passwords for kolab and samba.

Alain, I had a look at the threads you mention; I implemented
samba+kolab basically following http://wpkg.org/kolab/ but I didn't find
any reason to have 2 distinct passwords for kolab and samba.
Actually what do you exactly means? Users must have one password for
kolab and a a second one for samba? Why?

At the moment the only problem I have is Kolab considering Manager as a
normal user ... any hints on this?

Cheers
Luca