gcc installation fails on Solaris 10 amd64

helga.mayer at uni-hohenheim.de helga.mayer at uni-hohenheim.de
Thu Dec 13 21:25:16 CET 2007

Hello Thomas,

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:

> * helga.mayer at uni-hohenheim.de <helga.mayer at uni-hohenheim.de> [20071209 15:33]:
>> I tried to compile Kolab 2.1.0 on amd64 hardware with Solaris 10
>
> There have been problems with old OpenPKG releases on 64bit systems.
> While there are workarounds you might also want to try if OpenPKG
> 2.2-beta3 runs fine on your system. This way you can make sure that
> the final release will work for you out of the box.

it almost works.
Everything compiles, apart from apache and php.
The error message:
checking for db4 major version... configure: error: Header contains
different version
error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.29734 (%build)

May be the hints from Andrea Soliva
http://www.comcept.ch/kolab2/solaris_10_kolab2_install.txt
will help.

I'll try that tomorrow.