cyrreconstruct, why

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Aug 27 15:39:23 CEST 2007

On Sunday 26 August 2007 01:53, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> Why is kolab2 using cyrreconstruct?

This is something "OpenPKG" did,
I do not know the precise reason. You could check their logs.
One guess is that they wanted the command to be more clearly cyrus specific
and had a conflict with a different package.
In some some other packages they had conflicts, so they renamed some stuff.

> Cyrus imap uses reconstruct

Well, it is the same command as you have found out.

> Well, it's my own mistake, I should have read the manual. I was relocating
> to a new server and at the same time upgrading from version 1 to 2
> I was for about 2 hours trying to find cyrreconstruct and it was certainly
> not on my box.
> After consulting the cyrus manual, I found it's now called reconstruct.

It was always called "reconstuct", but again this is a very generic name
which might clash with other application packages.

> Yes, It's not the kolab vanilla distro

This is why Kolab Server/OpenPKG is the recommended version,
switching to a different one, can lead to surprises. :/
We hope that the other packaging effort will lead to more stability
in the future as well. :)

Bernhard