Kolab 2.0.4 upgrade to 2.1 fails due to DBERROR

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:46:58 CEST 2007

Non of these db files are critical !

- tls_sessions.db is only a cache for SSL connection. (can be deleted)
- deliver.db is only the list of email recently delivered in eache mailbox.
this avoit multiple delivery of the same email. it is also used by sieve to
avoid forward loop (can be deleted)
- annotations.db contains "applications specific" informations. This is a
kind of container imap clients can use to store information about mailbox. I
dont thing this is used by Kolab in 2.1. ANY comment from kolab guy ?
- mailbox.db contains the list of mailbox and also the the ACL on them. If
you spend your time to define ACL between user's mailbox, this is the file
to keep safe! Anyway you can reconstruct this file from scratch (use file
system directory name) but with default ACL !
- seen.db (in each mailbox  directory) this is only a list of already read
emails. most of the time this is already in skiplist format.

For a better understanding look the upgrade scripts and cyrus doc at

http://www.afp548.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=9288

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/WhatDatabaseBackend

Regards

On 8/16/07, Divan Santana <divan.santana at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 16 August 2007 10:22:12 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > Yes :) But that would mean that your problem does not result from
> > either the annotations.db or mailbox.db file. Question is which file
> > berkeley db does complain about.
> >
> > The tls_sessions.db is by default in berkeley format.
> >
> > file /kolab/var/imapd/tls_sessions.db
> > /kolab/var/imapd/tls_sessions.db: Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native
> > byte-order)
> >
> > I think this is just a session cache so you should be able to move it
> > away and restard cyrus imapd:
> >
> > cd /kolab/var/imapd
> > mv tls_sessions.db tls_sessions.db.old
> > /kolab/bin/openpkg rc imapd restart
> >
> > Just a wild guess. Does it help?
>
> I'll have to try after hours to put the broken system back in place and
> try
> that because I reverted to my backup when it failed so I am still on the
> old
> version.
>
> Note that both tls_sessions.db and deliver.db: Berkeley DB (Btree, version
> 9,
> native byte-order) and Berkeley DB.
>
> Could it not be the deliver.db file?
>
> I've got two things I'm going to try to fix this.
> 1) Your suggestion
> 2) Try upgrade again but this time convert my imap files to Berkeley DB
> and
> not keep it on skiplist as per upgrade notes.
>
> Will let you know the outcome, will try this weekend again. :)
>
> Thanks!!
>
> --
> Divan Santana
>
> Skype:                  DivanSantana
> Gtalk/MSN:              Divan.Santana at GMail.com
>

> Love God, Love People, Love Life!

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you