Kolab 2.0.4 upgrade to 2.1 fails due to DBERROR

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:20:37 CEST 2007

Hi

Maybe the version of lib bdb (berkley db) has changed between 2.04 and 2.1.
Please look, if so the way to upgrade the db is to make a dump using
OLD VERSION tools and then restore the db using NEW version tools.

Hope you will find more info in Kolab wiki, mailing archive list or
documentation.
Also look cyrus imap documentaion

Regards

On 8/6/07, Divan Santana <divan.santana at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried to do an upgrade from Kolab 2.0.4 upgrade to 2.1 with the normal
> openpkg installation.
> I am running Kubuntu 6.10 .
>
> 2.0.4 works perfectly. I upgraded successfully and 2.1 looked fine.
>
> However after a long while I start getting these very critical errors
> in /kolab/var/imapd/log/pop3d.log which makes pop/imap useless.
>
> Aug 06 08:00:32 tmgmen-bbb <warning> pop3[17906]: DBERROR db4: PANIC: fatal
> region error detected; run recovery
> Aug 06 08:00:32 tmgmen-bbb <critical> pop3[17906]: DBERROR: critical database
> situation
>
> Any ideas on whats wrong? Its a standard upgrade this shouldn't happen. I
> followed the instructions...
>
> Thanks for any ideas...
> --
> Divan Santana
>
> Skype:                  DivanSantana
> Gtalk/MSN:              Divan.Santana at GMail.com
>

> Love God, Love People, Love Life!

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you