Unable to delete shared folder

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Sun Aug 5 08:41:03 CEST 2007

Alessio Cecchi <alessio at skye.it> writes:

> Hello,
>
> on kolab 2.1.0 i'm unable to delete a shared folder. I have delete it from
> kolabadmin but the clients (Kontact) still to see it.
>
> Can i delete the shared folder from:
>
> groupware:/kolab# ls var/imapd/spool/domain/p/pippo.com/s/
> shared^prova-alessio

That is something you should never do. I'm always very cautious about
the files in the IMAP spool dir. While this all looks like some normal
files you have to realize that this is part of the "database" of the
cyrus IMAP server. Simply deleting stuff gives you a good chance of
breaking your IMAP server which you certainly don't want.

Do you still see the LDAP entry for the shared folder?

Is kolabd running?

Just as an explanation to the two questions above: When you modify
anything in the Kolab webadmin, then this change only affects the LDAP
database

Any change in the LDAP database is then picked up by a background
process ("kolabd") and transformed into the necessary additional steps
on the system. In your case "deleting a shared folder" means that
kolabd has to tell the Cyrus IMAP server to kill the shared folder.

CHeers,

Gunnar