Free/Busy status when scheduling a meeting with Outlook XP/Konsec

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 1 15:48:33 CEST 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 18:51, Markus Passerschröer wrote:
> when I schedule a meeting using Free/Busy information with Kolab 2.1 /
> Outlook XP / Konsec Konnektor, Outlook displays all appointments of the
> other attendees with status "Busy" (plain blue bar), even if the attendees
> created their appointment with the options "Out of office" or "Tentative"
> (from the "Show item as" dropdown list). Is there a way to display this
> additional information when scheduling a meeting?

No (as far as I know).
This funcationality is independent from the used connector -
it is build into Outlook. Outlook asks for a freebusy list in iCalender format
and we believe we cannot make it understand more information there.
If there is a possibility we lack information how Outlook (ab)uses the format.

The reason why you can see more information there sometimes is
a) it is your own calender (which will be wrong in OL2003 if you use more
then one calender folder)
b) you use Exchange. The secret protocol used, seems to enable to transfer
more information then regular standard iCalender.

> If an appointment has been created with the option "Free", the time is not
> shown as busy (which of course is the desired behavior).

Yes, Kolab Server creates those information correctly into the .ifb file.

> When I display another user's calendar, the additional information
> information is shown correctly.

Now you have full access to the contents of the appointment.
This is more information than an .ifb file contains,
which is good e.g. for security reasons.

Bernhard